Monday 5 January 2015

What I Got For Christmas 2014

Hi everyone!

I have probably already said this - or something along the same lines - but I can't quite get my head around the fact that Christmas has gone, it's over! There is such a build up to the one day and it's over before you know it. I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and you got some lovely gifts.

I have been really enjoying reading other people's 'what I got for Christmas' posts, mainly because I am a super nosy person. They seem quite popular, so I thought that I would join in too.

First of all I just want to mention that this post is not intended to be me bragging or anything like that, I am very grateful for what my friends and family have given me, this post is just for all you nosey parkers like me!



Bath & Body

My family and friends know me so well. I love anything bath and body, whether it's body butters, lotions or scrubs, so I am always chuffed when I tear open the wrapping paper to find this type of gift. Soap & Glory is definitely one of my favourites - thanks Izzy! I love the products, the packaging and the fragrances - the smell of the Soap & Glory products are AMAZING! This set includes Hand Food, Scrub of your Life, Clean on Me, Righteous Butter and a body puff.


Another huge bath & body favourite of mine are the products from The Body Shop, so I was very pleased when I received this from my Grandparents (Step-Dad's side) and the Vanilla Brulee is one of my favourite scents. I have already used this, infact I used it Christmas Day and it smells unbelievable - so good! This set includes Shower Gel, Body Scrub, Body Butter and a body puff.


The last bath and body gift I got was this Jack Wills set from my other Grandparents (Mum's side). I haven't used Jack Wills' bath and body products before so I will give it a try and let you know what it's like, I did the usual flip the lid and have a sniff and it smells pretty good - it's quite fresh! This set includes Body Wash, Body Scrub, Body Lotion, Body Butter, Hand Cream, Body Mist, a water bottle and a body puff, it all came in a gym or overnight bag.


Fragrance

Perfume is something I usually get every Christmas because everyone knows how much I love it. My Nan and Grandad on my Mum's side of the family bought me Dot by Marc Jacobs, my Nan knows full well that Marc Jacobs perfume is one of my all time faves not only because the perfume always smells beautiful but the bottles are just as pretty! I do love an unusual perfume bottle to add my bedside table.


My parents bought me Optimistic by Paul Smith which is quite a fresh perfume, perfect for everyday wearing so this will get a lot of usage! I have always really liked Paul Smith perfume but I don't think I have actually owned any, so I am glad to be able to add this to my collection.


Haircare

I received this Leo Bancroft Blissfully Bouncy haircare set from my parents, I was well happy with this as I have recently started to look after my hair much more and so this is perfect. In October I wrote about 'Going Heatless' as I had abused my hair with heat too much and it was in a right state, well I had the dead and dry ends cut off in November and I didn't use any heat until recently when I did a hair tutorial. So it's safe to say my hair is in a much better condition now and with this gift I can continue to care for my hair as this includes Volumising Shampoo, Volumising Conditioner, Deep Moisture Mask, Smoothing Syrum, Heat Defense Spray, a wide toothed comb and a black, glittery head band.


I received the following two products from my little sister, they were in a gift bag amongst other bits and bobs like Make-up remover wipes, nail polish remover and chocolate. The first of the two is this Gum Hair Salon Expertise Moroccan Argan Oil Intensive Treatment, it says on the bottle "for dull, dry, damaged ends" so perfect for me and it's Argan Oil, which if you've read my previous Monthly Favourites you will know that I love Argan Oil!


The other haircare gift from my sister was this Argan Oil Heat Defence Spray, again I was pleased with this as it is something that I use all of the time infact you might remember it being in my October Favourites, I love this product.


Beauty

I didn't ask for a lot for Christmas this year, but the next 3 things were on my list and as a bit of a beauty geek and someone who is obsessed with make up, I was over the moon with these!

The Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette was right at the top of my wish list so as you can imagine I was smiling like a Cheshire Cat when I unwrapped it, so a big thank you to my parents for that! This came with little tester sachets of 4 different Urban Decay Eye Primer which is handy because I did want some of this but I wasn't sure which one to get so now I can try each one and decide.



At joint second on my list were the Real Techniques Core Collection and the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. I wrote about these make up brushes in one of my Christmas Gift Guides and after reading many reviews and other blogs, I decided that I really wanted them too. I had a sneaky suspicion before Christmas that I would be getting these because every time I spoke to my Nan on the phone she would always ask "What's so special about these brushes?" and "Where can I get them from?"- very discrete Nan! In the little bag of handy bits and bobs from my little sister, was the Miracle Complexion Sponge - ta very much Grace!




Jewellery

One of my Aunt's kindly bought me this gorgeous necklace and earrings, I'm not sure where this jewellery set is from but what I am sure of is that I love it. It's so simple and understated, this picture doesn't do it much justice but it's so sparkly which I love!


I have had a Pandora bracelet for about 4 or 5 years now and I love receiving charms for it, they're so pretty. This Christmas I asked for a charm for my bracelet that clips onto the links so that the rest of my other charms don't all gather at one end of the bracelet, my parents bought me this charm which is a plain silver heart.



Asymmetric Jacket

I received this gorgeous coat from my parents, this was a surprise gift. It's very rare that I get clothes for Christmas unless I pick them out myself, but it's safe to say that my parents did good with this. It's a distressed leather like material, with a cardigan type fabric on the back of the sleeves. My favourite part of this jacket is how soft it is inside, it's so warm and cosy - love it! It's definitely one of my favourite gifts, probably because I wasn't expecting it and it's just so beautiful!


Pjs & Slippers

Every Christmas I receive pyjamas and slippers without fail and I am sure the same applies for a lot of you too, it's great getting them though because it's something I never think to buy for myself. Plus I just love getting cosy in comfy pjs and fluffy slippers with a mug of hot chocolate - perfect!




Chocolates

Christmas wouldn't really be Christmas if there was no chocolate, I can't wait to open these and 'only have a couple' which loosely translates into eating the whole box!


I am a very lucky girl and I am grateful for every lovely gift I received, I also got money and gift cards so the January sales here I come!

What did you get for Christmas? 


xxx

P.s Comment below if you want me to review anything that I received. 


No comments:

Post a Comment