Tuesday 24 February 2015

The Oscars 2015 - My Best Dressed

Hi everyone!

You've probably seen all over the news and different types of media that it was The Oscars on Sunday night - the biggest event in Hollywood's calender. If you didn't know anything about this, then crawl out from beneath that rock that you have been living under!

This year was the first that I watched it live as apposed to catching up on it the next day, although I didn't actually manage to stay up until the end, I had to throw in the towel at 2am and it finished at 3:30am - I didn't do too badly. So I did watch all of the Red Carpet which is my favourite part anyways, I love seeing what the celebs are wearing and the latest celebrity hair and make up trends.

There were some beautiful dresses on the red carpet this year,  different magazines and websites will be writing about who the celebrities are wearing and who was the best and worst dressed, I wanted to share with you a few of my favourites and who I thought was best dressed.


First up, Jennifer Aniston wore Atelier Versache and she looks absolutely stunning. This dress was made for her, it suits her in every way, the colour and the way it hugs her amazing figure, I mean who wouldn't be happy with looking like this at 46? Even with the slit up the side, she has kept it classy. 


Jennifer Lopez wore Elie Saab and I have to admit when I first saw her arrive to the Red Carpet I wasn't blown away by this dress - I think it's the colour against her skin tone - but after looking at it again and again in more detail I can't help but love it! The deep V is definitely in trend this season, quite a few celebs were rocking the low V this year.


The Fifty Shade of Grey star Dakota Johnson was wearing Saint Laurent, it's quite a simple dress but you know what they say "less is more". The understated look continues with her hair, an effortless pony.


Doesn't Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) look rather dapper, but the appreciation goes to Lauren Hashian. I'm not sure where her dress was from but what I am sure of is that I love it and I want it! It is definitely something I would wear, her hair and make up is on point too, she looked beautiful!


WOW! Margot Robbie looked flipping jaw dropping at The Oscars, she's definitely in my top 3 best dressed from the night. I love her dress from Saint Laurent and I think she looks red-hot, her hair is understated as is her make up, quite a natural eye with a bold red lip - very Oscars!


Another that is in my top 3 best dressed for sure is Reese Witherspoon in a custom Tom Ford dress, every single thing about the way she looked on Sunday night was just classic, from the shape and design of her dress right through to her timeless hair and make up, it's all very minimal and natural. I think I might have to recreate her hairstyle and make up at some point.


Actress Rosamund Pike wore Givenchy Haute Couture, I am a sucker for anything red so I fell in love with this dress and I think that it suits her faultlessly. With such a bold dress, she made the right choice by keeping it simple with the rest of her look, minimal make up and an uncomplicated updo.



Did you watch The Oscars? Who was your best dressed?

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment