Sunday 1 February 2015

January Favourites.

Hi everyone!

When the time came to sit down and think of what I have been loving this month I really struggled to narrow it down to just a few things, what with trying out what I got for Christmas and using the things I bought in the January sales I have made quite a few new discoveries and been using new products.



VO5 Plump It Up Dry Shampoo 
I swear by dry shampoo and have done for a few years now - it's something every girl should have in their arsenal! I usually buy the Batiste dry shampoo, only because it's what I have used pretty much forever and just never found the need to change - I mean if it's not broken, why fix it? However, this was on half price in Superdrug (it's on offer 2 for £5 now) so I decided to try this one out, and I am so bloomin' glad I bought it. It's the best dry shampoo I have ever used, this VO5 Dry Shampoo not only absorbs the oils at the roots and revives your second and even third day hair, but it most definitely does "plump it up", and the boost of volume lasts, it doesn't drop.


Neutragena Visibly Clear Daily Scrub
If you read my blog post "A Week Away From Make Up" you may well know that I started to get myself into a little bit of a skin care routine finally and I have been using this Neutragena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub every morning before I moisturise and apply make up. I noticed a difference in my skin after the very first time I used it, which is pretty freakin' good if you ask me. My face is so much clearer and I have no spots at all, it's a great feeling I have to admit. The grains in the scrub are very fine so it's not too harsh on your skin and doesn't cause irritation or any redness. Not only is this product so effective and work it's magic but it smells soo good, it's such a fresh fragrance - perfect for washing my face with in the mornings.


MUA Blusher - Candlyfloss
Last week I uploaded a review of this product and if you've read it then you will know about my love for it, however if you haven't then click here to give it a read. As I said in my review this was a surprisingly good blusher and it only set me back £1 from Superdrug. I have used this almost everyday this month, it's a highly pigmented pink shade with a slight shimmer that doesn't make you look like a glitter ball, it illuminates and gives a subtle glow. Also, it sweeps across my cheek bones and the apples of cheeks like a dream and it's so easy to blend. All in all a great blusher and an absolute bargain



Classic Short UGG Boots - Chestnut
I don't know what the weather has been like where you are, but here in the West Midlands it has been absolutely freezing - we've even had a flurry of snow! I feel like I have a love/hate relationship with Winter, I hate being cold but I do love getting all wrapped up with knitted jumpers and the reason for this, my UGG boots! I have pretty much lived in my Classic Short Chestnut UGG Boots all through January, they are so warm and cosy - they're like slippers that you can wear outside! I love them! 


Soap & Glory Scrub of Your Life
First of all I love Soap & Glory! Everything about it just makes me happy, the fragrances, the packaging and the names of their products - such clever play on words. One of my best friends, Izzy, bought me a Soap & Glory gift set for Christmas (cheers babe) and I have used everything from it everyday since. But my favourite product out of the whole set was this Scrub of your Life, I am already running out and will definitely be repurchasing it. This smells A-MAZING and after I have used it, my skin is left feeling incredibly soft. I suffer with bad rough and dry skin on my elbows and knees but since using this it has gone away - completely! Definitely my favourite exfoliating product by far.


Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
At the start of January I got sent a couple of samples of this Smashbox Primer, which I was very happy about because I have been wanting a new primer for ages and been thinking about buying a Smashbox one. It claims to be oil-free and pore minimising, and I am happy to say that it does both brilliantly. I have quite visible pores and I am prone to oily skin, when I have this underneath my foundation oils don't manage to break through my make up and I don't have to apply powder at all through out the day.  This primer is skin tone in colour and is a lightweight and mousse like consistency. It definitely doesn't get rid of the sight of pores completely, but they are most definitely minimised. Wearing this primer allows for a much smoother base for my foundation to go onto, it makes putting foundation on easier. Another thing I have loved about this primer is that it can be worn on it's own, which I have been doing since my skin is much healthier. 



What have you been loving this month?


xxx









1 comment:

  1. Love that Neutragena Scrub! Would love a follow back! :)
    lasheslinerlove.blogspot.co.uk
    Beth xo

    ReplyDelete